Last Updated: 16 December 2021
For the purposes of this policy,
Aspose defines the term “Visitor” as an individual that visits any page of our front-end website (for example www.aspose.cloud) or uses our products, web apps or mobile apps.
The term “User” as an entity with which Aspose has an established relationship with when a Visitor uses its products or signs up for an account on the website.
“Service” includes our:
- SaaS Products
- Downloadable Products
- Desktop apps
- Mobile apps, such as those downloaded from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
but does not include:
- Any Third Party Products. These are third party products or services that you may choose to integrate with Aspose’s products or services, such as third-party Add-Ons. You should always review the policies of third party products and services to make sure you are comfortable with the ways in which they collect and use your information.
Any information stored by Aspose is treated as confidential. All information is stored securely and is accessed by authorized personnel only. Aspose implements and maintains appropriate technical, security and organisational measures to protect Personal Data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and use, and against accidental loss, destruction, damage, theft or disclosure.
2. Information we Collect
Aspose takes online security very seriously and is committed to protecting your privacy. In order to access some Aspose services you will be asked to provide personal identification information (“Personal Information”). How, why and other information in regards to this is explained below.
In general, you may visit Aspose’s web pages without disclosing to us who you are and without revealing any Personal Information about yourself however without providing personal information you may not be able to download or purchase our products or services.
2.1. Collection of User data
During a registration on the Aspose website, you give consent to provide information such as name, company name, email address, physical address, telephone, credit-card number and other relevant data. This information is used by Aspose to identify you as a User and provide you with access to:
- purchase our software,
- use support and services
- participate in mailings, sales and marketing actions,
- for billing purposes
- to meet any other contractual obligations
2.2. Data Access, Correction, Deletion, and Opt Out.
Users of the website can at any time access and edit, update or delete their contact details by logging in to their account on the Aspose website with their username and password. Users may create more Users within their account (sub accounts). Once these new Users log into Aspose, they meet the definition of User in this policy. Aspose will not retain User data longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, Aspose wishes to maintain it accurately and up-to-date. Where we collect Personal Information from you, our goal is to provide a means of contacting Aspose should you need to access, update or correct that Information.
You can contact us any time to:
- Request access to information that Aspose has about you
- Correct any Information that Aspose has about you
- Delete information that Aspose has about you
Contact us at email@example.com and we will make reasonable efforts to promptly provide you with the information or assistance you need free of charge.
Further, if you notify us that such information is incorrect, or you wish to have such information removed, we will correct, amend, or delete your Personal Information as soon as practicable. Your personal data will be removed without the requirement to state a reason for discontinuing your account with us.
2.3. Our Role
Aspose processes Personal Data both as a Processor and as a Controller, as defined in the Directive and the GDPR:
Aspose which you as a User entered an agreement with when signing up for an account, will be the Controller for User data, as outlined in the information above.
Using some Aspose services you may send your own client’s (“Client”) data through our servers, in this case you the User will be the Controller in accordance with Directive and GDPR, and Aspose will be the Processor. Aspose adheres to the Directive of 1995 and the GDPR from May 25th, 2018.
Aspose does not own, control or direct the use of any of the Client data stored or processed by a Client or User via the Service. Only the Client or Users are entitled to access, retrieve and direct the use of such Client Data. Aspose is largely unaware of what Client Data is actually being stored or made available by a Client or User to the Service and does not directly access such Client Data except as authorized by the User, or as necessary to provide Services to the Client and its Users. As such Aspose is not acting in the capacity of data controller in terms of the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679, hereinafter “GDPR”) and does not have the associated responsibilities under the GDPR.
Aspose should be considered only as a processor on behalf of its Clients and Users as to any Client Data containing Personal Data that is subject to the requirements of the GDPR. The Client or the User is the data controller under the Regulation for any Client Data containing Personal Data, meaning that such party controls the manner such Personal Data is collected and used as well as the determination of the purposes and means of the processing of such Personal Data.
2.4. Data Transfer Across Borders
Personal data collected by Aspose will be stored in secure hosting facilities provided by Amazon Web Services located in the US which is on the EU Commission’s list of countries or territories providing adequate protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in connection with the processing of their personal data. All hosting is performed in accordance with the highest security regulations and Amazon Web Services is EU-US Privacy Shield compliance certified and follows the relevant principles.
2.5. Compromise of Personal Information.
In the event that personal information is compromised as a breach of security, Aspose will promptly notify our customers in compliance with applicable law.
You may choose whether or not to provide Personal Information to Aspose. However, when you engage in certain activities on this site, such as purchasing products or services, downloading software, or entering competitions, Aspose may require that you provide certain information about yourself by filling out and submitting an online form. It is entirely optional for you to engage in these activities. If you elect to engage in these activities, Aspose may require that you provide certain personal information, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and other personal identifying information.
3. How We Share Your Information
- Non-Personally Identifiable Information: We may share non-personally identifiable information (such as anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with third parties to help us understand the usage patterns for our website. Such data consist solely of non-personally identifiable information. Non-personally identifiable information may be stored indefinitely.
- Purchase Information: Details of your purchases, including but not limited to: order ID, licenses and contact information, will not be shared with anyone without your written permission. For this reason employee requests for all licenses owned by their company will be denied.
- Instances Where We Are Required To Share Your Information: Aspose will disclose your information where required to do so by law, if subject to subpoena or other legal proceeding or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (a) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (b) to enforce our terms or to protect the security or integrity of our Service; and/or (c) to exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Aspose, our users or others.
- What Happens In The Event Of A Change Of Control: We may buy or sell/divest/transfer the company, or any combination of its products, services, assets and/or businesses. Your information such as customer names and email addresses, and other User information related to the Service may be among the items sold or otherwise transferred in these types of transactions. We may also sell, assign or otherwise transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies, dissolutions, reorganizations, liquidations, similar transactions or proceedings involving all or a portion of the company. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- Testimonials: We display personal testimonials (success stories) of satisfied customers on our Site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at We display personal testimonials (success stories) of satisfied customers on our Site in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, therefore allowing you to decide whether or not to accept it. (For some web pages that require an authorization, cookies are not optional. Users choosing not to accept cookies will not be able to access such pages.)
Some Cookies are associated with your account and personal information in order to remember that you are logged in. Other Cookies are not tied to your account but are unique and allow us to carry out analytics and customization, among other similar things. Cookies can be used to recognize you when you visit this Site or another Site managed by Aspose or with or use our Services, remember your preferences, and give you a personalized experience that’s consistent with your settings. Cookies also make your interactions faster and more secure.
We collect information when you use our Websites to help us improve our products and services. This information is anonymous and cannot be used to identify you.
|Google Analytics||To distinguish unique users for analytics purposes|
|Google Ads Tracking||To distinguish unique users for analytics purposes|
|Google reCAPTCHA||To check whether the data entered on our website has been entered by a human or by an automated program.|
|Microsoft Clarity||To distinguish unique users for analytics purposes|
|Bing Event Tracking||To distinguish unique users for analytics purposes|
|Facebook Pixel||To distinguish unique users for analytics purposes|
|Quora Pixel||To distinguish unique users for analytics purposes|
|Twitter Universal Website Tag||To distinguish unique users for analytics purposes|
|Containerize.IdentityServer (id.containerize.com)||For the functioning of our single sign on service so that you may share the same account across our various websites|
|Containerize.Discourse (forum.aspose.cloud)||To retain user settings on our free support forum|
|Containerize.Helpdesk (helpdesk.aspose.cloud)||To retain user settings on our paid support platform|
|Containerize.Mautic (drip.aspose.cloud)||For marketing automation for visitors|
5. Website Analytics
We partner with select third-party vendors, such as Google Analytics, Microsoft Clarity, and others to allow tracking technologies using first-party and third-party cookies. These services store information about how visitors use our website so we can make improvements and give visitors a better user experience. Tracking technologies record information about the pages you visit, the length of time you were on specific pages and the website in general, how you arrived at the site, and what you clicked on. By accessing the Site, you consent to the collection and use of your information by these third-party vendors.
You are encouraged to review their privacy policies and contact them directly for responses to your questions. We do not transfer personal information to these third-party vendors. However, if you do not want any information to be collected and used by tracking technologies, you may visit the following links:
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
6. Google reCAPTCHA
We use “Google reCAPTCHA” (hereinafter “reCAPTCHA”) on our websites. This service is provided by Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). reCAPTCHA is used to check whether the data entered on our website (such as on a contact or signup form) has been entered by a human or by an automated program. To do this, reCAPTCHA analyzes the behavior of the website visitor based on various characteristics. This analysis starts automatically as soon as a website visitor enters the website. For the analysis, reCAPTCHA evaluates various information, like IP address, how long the visitor has been on the website, or mouse movements made by the user. Data collected during the analysis will be forwarded to Google. The reCAPTCHA analyses take place completely in the background. Website visitors are not advised that such an analysis is taking place. We have a legitimate interest in protecting our sites from abusive automated crawling and spam.
7. Access to Third-Party Accounts
You may be able to upload and download files to third-party services, such as Dropbox and Google Drive. These services are not activated automatically, but require explicit authorization by the User.
In the course of providing the Service, your files are transferred to and temporarily stored on Aspose’s servers. We do not read or mine any data from your files or their metadata, and we do not make any copies of them. All file processing is done by machine; there is no human interaction with your files unless they are submitted by you to our support team in the support forum. Your files are automatically irreversibly deleted from our servers within 24 hours.
From time to time, Aspose will provide information to their customers in the form of electronic newsletters. When you subscribe to the Aspose newsletter you will be added to our mailing list and will receive announcements and information about Aspose and its ventures. The announcements and information will come from Aspose, not from third parties. It will be emailed directly to the email address that you provide when you subscribe. If you no longer wish to receive newsletters from us in the future, you can sign-in aspose.cloud and then unsubscribe by accessing the settings of your profile.
Wherever your Personal Information may be held by Aspose or by a third party on Aspose’s behalf, reasonable and appropriate precautions, such as encryption, firewalls and like technologies, are and will be implemented to protect such Personal Information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized access.
10. Aggregate Information
The Site may track the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, IP addresses, External Web Sites (defined below) linked to, and we may analyze this data for trends and statistics in the aggregate, but such information will be maintained, used and disclosed in aggregate form only and it will not contain Personal Information. We may use such aggregate information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. We may share this aggregate information with third parties to assist them in targeting advertisements to appropriate audiences.
11. Links to Third Party Sites
12. Children’s Privacy
Aspose, its websites and services are not designed nor structured to attract children. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age. If we are made aware that information is or has been submitted by or collected from a child under the age of thirteen, we will promptly delete this information.
13. Data Protection Officer
Aspose has a “Data Protection Officer” who is responsible for matters relating to privacy and data protection. This Data Protection officer can be reached by email: email@example.com
14. Your Consent